Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SD1200 Snare troubles!
Oh hey, new guy here.  My SD1200 was rolling fine for a month or two, then the snare got weird.  Basically, it's triggering the head and rim together when I am just hitting the head.  Adjusting every possible snare setting to no avail.  Swapped a tom to the input and its maybe worse.  Thoughts?  For the work around, I basically find the best rim to trigger along with the snare, but overall sensitivity is also way off, sort of goes from 1 to 10 with little in between.  Thanks!
Did you see my post here about MOVING the rim trigger piezo on the SD1200 snare? Zero issues here and I have 2 of the 1200 snares.

https://www.sddrummer.com/showthread.php?tid=661
“SD1200 expanded kit User, but modified to 8" & 10" mounted toms and 10" & 12" floor toms (one is a spare 'snare' on a stand)”
(11-09-2021, 01:41 PM)Lefty38-55 Wrote: Did you see my post here about MOVING the rim trigger piezo on the SD1200 snare? Zero issues here and I have 2 of the 1200 snares.

https://www.sddrummer.com/showthread.php?tid=661

I did, but it appeared you were trying to get more rim response?  If anything, I'm looking for less..
What I mean is, moving the rim trigger piezo away from the center/mesh head trigger piezo helps 'isolate' the 2 triggers from each other. BTW, I have two SD1200 snares, where one was bought used - cheap too! - for having an alleged 'rim trigger issue'. Sounds like what you had, where both sounds would trigger. Now that I moved it ... 
  • Hit the mesh anywhere - snare sound.
  • Hit the rim - rim shot or what other sound is programmed
I cannot get them to cross-talk, nor both sounds to sound at once. Worked for me!
“SD1200 expanded kit User, but modified to 8" & 10" mounted toms and 10" & 12" floor toms (one is a spare 'snare' on a stand)”
(11-09-2021, 03:05 PM)Lefty38-55 Wrote: What I mean is, moving the rim trigger piezo away from the center/mesh head trigger piezo helps 'isolate' the 2 triggers from each other. BTW, I have two SD1200 snares, where one was bought used - cheap too! - for having an alleged 'rim trigger issue'. Sounds like what you had, where both sounds would trigger. Now that I moved it ... 
  • Hit the mesh anywhere - snare sound.
  • Hit the rim - rim shot or what other sound is programmed
I cannot get them to cross-talk, nor both sounds to sound at once. Worked for me!

Ah, got it.  Will give it a whirl, thanks!