Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CHANGES (Module & Sounds) between SD1200 & SD1250
FYI, I did an Adobe PDF 'diff doc' tool to compare the 2 versions of the PDF manuals and came up with this list of the major changes. Most other changes were between model # or where the 1250 now includes the 'expanded' pieces that were options to the 1200.

Drum Sounds, # Available       Blue = SD1200      Gray = SD1250     Black = Same

15/12 Ride, 20 Kick, 21/29 Cymbals, 38/29 Hi-Hat, 46 Snare, 74 Tom sounds and 764/750 Preset Sounds

Text Inserted
Pg 8 – Note: The snare drum works best when tightened. You may want to use the included drum key to tighten the snare lugs for best response.

Pg 8 – A kick pad patch is included with the kit. Attach this to the kick pad where your beater pedal hits to avoid damage to the pad, or leave it off for quieter operation.

Pg 10[Note by Lefty:  For Buttons #7 ‘Increment/Decrement’, on the front of the Module controls, plus this works on the SD1200!] If you press both + and - together, it returns to the first kit or returns an edited together, parameter to its default value.

Pg 24[Note by Lefty:  New Pg 24 for the SD1250 Manual]

UTILITY MODE
MIDI NOTE
The SD1250 sends MIDI note and controller data whenever you play a pad. MIDI is sent to the MIDI out, the USB connector, and to Bluetooth MIDI devices to control external sound sources and software.

Each pad and rim sends a MIDI note. Press UTILITY then F5 [MIDI NOTE] to see the note assignments. Play a pad to choose the MIDI note, or cursor to Pad and use the value knob. You can change these note values to any note number you like. The default MIDI note values are shown in the chart on the next page.

Some of the pads have additional parameters. The hi hat pedal sends a controller from closed to open, which is useful in some software. The default CC is 4, but you can change it to any value you like.

See photos attached for the changes/differences in Crash cymbals, Hi-Hats, and Ride cymbals.

“SD1200 expanded kit User, but modified to 8" & 10" mounted toms and 10" & 12" floor toms (one is a spare 'snare' on a stand)”
Note ... I have yet to wade through the SD1200 manual for a direct comparison to the crash cymbals available in the module, where there were 'typos' (actually duplicate names) in the listing of cymbal sounds in the manual. Maybe some day, LOL!
“SD1200 expanded kit User, but modified to 8" & 10" mounted toms and 10" & 12" floor toms (one is a spare 'snare' on a stand)”
(11-01-2021, 12:00 PM)Lefty38-55 Wrote: Note ... I have yet to wade through the SD1200 manual for a direct comparison to the crash cymbals available in the module, where there were 'typos' (actually duplicate names) in the listing of cymbal sounds in the manual. Maybe some day, LOL!

Good detective work.
My Home Page: www.Hellfiredrums.com