Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SD1200 @ $899.00 !?!?!
Wink 
I just saw on musiciansfriend.com that the SD1200 Expanded Electronic Drum Kit is on sale for $899.00.

That is a really good price for a kit that size.  Wink
My Home Page: www.Hellfiredrums.com
I almost pulled the trigger on that kit, they have it for $929 right now but I ended up getting a really sweet deal on a SD2000 that I could not pass up.
My wife got me the SD1200 standard kit for Christmas. I haven't played in some 15 years, and I'm just getting back into it. Started off slow but stuff's coming back to me.
In any case, I really like the kit, literally I only have 2 complaints. #1 is that the hat pedal seems to have an unnaturally narrow range where it detects half-open. #2 is that apparently not too many people have this kit, so finding info about doing things with it is really hard if it's not specifically documented in the manual. However, I think both of those can be chalked up to my inexperience with electronic kits.
(02-08-2021, 01:08 PM)J-Dog Wrote: My wife got me the SD1200 standard kit for Christmas. I haven't played in some 15 years, and I'm just getting back into it. Started off slow but stuff's coming back to me.
In any case, I really like the kit, literally I only have 2 complaints. #1 is that the hat pedal seems to have an unnaturally narrow range where it detects half-open. #2 is that apparently not too many people have this kit, so finding info about doing things with it is really hard if it's not specifically documented in the manual. However, I think both of those can be chalked up to my inexperience with electronic kits.

Welcome to the forum J-Dog!

The unnatural narrow range is a common complaint for almost all edrum kits (including non-Simmons) that use a stand alone foot controller. You are correct about not too many people having this kit. It's a shame really, because it's quite a nice kit for the price with a much more feature packed control module than other brands in this price range.

What kind of things are you looking for that isn't covered in the manual?
My Home Page: www.Hellfiredrums.com