Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sd2000 expansion kit
Wink 
Does anyone have an idea where to buy the sd2000 expansion kit ? I call Guitar Store no luck. No answers at Simmons phone lines or emails. I just got a brand new sd2000 kit. I also have the sd600 which is nice. But taking a chance on sd2000, what an awesome awsome drum kit. After reading all the reviews and videos, most not favorable I decided that this kit really goes beyond the realm of e kits and so far if you understand the design behind this set it speaks for itself. The sound quality is superb, the rack, hardware and everything, top notch. Sturdy Brilliance ! Love this and want the upgrade extras.  !!!!  Smile
Hi Mutiverse 1,

Yes, the SD2000 is a heck of a lot better than what people gave it credit for.

Unfortunately, I believe the SD2000 was discontinued. What ever kits being sold at Guitar Center is most likely just unsold stock. You lucked out finding a brand new SD2000 kit. If you have a few different Guitar Centers in your general area you can try calling them to see if they have any unsold stock of the expansion kit. Other than that, your best bet is ebay.
My Home Page: www.Hellfiredrums.com
Thank you very much for your response. I was just on your website. Nice to see your still online. What about user kits, sounds etc. Do you know anyone like the person demoing simmons sd2000 on Simmons who would have all the tweeks for sale. Especially I am sure user kits would be awesome or did this all just get lost in the discontinue ?
(06-17-2020, 01:26 AM)Mutiverse 1 Wrote: Thank you very much for your response. I was just on your website. Nice to see your still online. What about user kits, sounds etc. Do you know anyone like the person demoing simmons sd2000 on Simmons who would have all the tweeks for sale. Especially I am sure user kits would be awesome or did this all just get lost in the discontinue ?

Thanks, I haven't updated my personal website in quite a while.

I don't think (actually I'm pretty sure) Simmons didn't sell enough SD2000 kits to justify someone spending the time to make custom kit tweeks. It can take an hour or more just to make a good custom kit (and that's with someone who knows what they are doing).

The Simmons SD1200 it actually the kit that replaced the SD2000. The module is based around the same sound engine. The module is just repackaged in a form that more people tend to like. Unfortunately, the SD1200 is not close enough to the SD2000 to just swap kit programs.

Another reason you don't see custom kits being made and sold for the SD2000 (or any other sub $2500.00 kit for that matter) is you will always get better sounding kits when using VST's (SSD5, BFD etc.) on your PC or Mac.
My Home Page: www.Hellfiredrums.com
Hello,
In Late April 2020 I ordered parts for my SD2000. The email I received from Simmons support read as follows;

—————————
We carry the tom and snare heads as well as the crash pad for the expansion. The snare head goes for $8.99 and the tom heads go for $7.99. We sell the crash cymbal pad for $54.99 and the tom pad for $94.99. You'll also need the cymbal boom arm and that goes for $25.99. To order, contact us by phone.

Simmons Drums
888-621-4008
Mon-Fri 8 AM - 5 PM MST
————————

I bought the unusual sized 9” and 11” mesh pads to keep as backups in the eventuality these parts become unavailable. Simmons also have parts for their discontinued SRKHX1 drum rack that fit the SD2000 rack perfectly and I purchased one of those for less than $15 at the same time - worth looking into these.

Good luck!