Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oh no!
I heard an interview with David Simmons who retook the company back.  The SD2000 is the first kit to come out under him and his company.  No longer is Simmons drums made by Medellie.  He said the SD2000 is a great kit that uses innovations no other electronic drum company is doing. David also said that the next Simmons drum sets would be for professional drummers wanting a kit they could use on stage.  David claims he doesn't think there is a kit of any brand that is truely professional.   The SD2000 may be a good kit but I personally would wait for the next line of Simmons before buying one since David said they would be geared towards the professional drummer.  Sadly he also stated they would be phasing out all the other Simmons sets that came out before the SD2000.  What if you have an older kit(I have the SD1500) and like it, but what if I need to replace parts for it?  Will used parts be all we can get? If so used parts will probably be expensive.  I am excites to see the next generation of Simmons kits and maybe I might just need to buy one.
(05-22-2018, 01:26 PM)Phloid Wrote: I heard an interview with David Simmons who retook the company back.  The SD2000 is the first kit to come out under him and his company.  No longer is Simmons drums made by Medellie.  He said the SD2000 is a great kit that uses innovations no other electronic drum company is doing. David also said that the next Simmons drum sets would be for professional drummers wanting a kit they could use on stage.  David claims he doesn't think there is a kit of any brand that is truely professional.   The SD2000 may be a good kit but I personally would wait for the next line of Simmons before buying one since David said they would be geared towards the professional drummer.  Sadly he also stated they would be phasing out all the other Simmons sets that came out before the SD2000.  What if you have an older kit(I have the SD1500) and like it, but what if I need to replace parts for it?  Will used parts be all we can get? If so used parts will probably be expensive.  I am excites to see the next generation of Simmons kits and maybe I might just need to buy one.

That's correct. Dave is back with the company. The SD2000 is not a rebranded medeli kit. In a way the SD1000 (and SD1500) was the start of Simmons the company making a come back. The kits that were sold by Guitar Center before the SD1000 & SD1500 were put together by different people that are no longer with the company (at least that is my understanding). You will notice that the SD1500 and SD2000 share a very similar rack system. That's because the rack is a Simmons design and not medeli. 

I have have both the SD1500 and SD2000 kits and I like the SD2000 much better.
My Home Page: www.Hellfiredrums.com