Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SD2000 cymbal
I would like to move my cymbal to make it more comfortable to play on. I would need to have it mounted off the horizontal rail like the hi hat is. Does anyone know if other makers rack mounts would work for this? I tried to get another SD2000 hi hat or (module) mount through guitar center, but they said none were available

For others with the SD2000 kit. Simmons still has the mounts available for $8.99 + tax/shipping. This is awesome and has allowed me to have my ride right where i like it most. I also have mounted the snare on its own stand.
Hello. 
Newby here. Sorry to hijack this thread, but I just joined and can't seem to figure out how to start a thread. I am in the process of purchasing an sd2000, but I am left handed and as such will need to mount the snare and hi hat on the ride side of the frame. Is that possible? are the mounts moveable or are they built into the cage?

Thanks
Russ
(01-06-2020, 01:38 PM)russmarch Wrote: Hello. 
Newby here. Sorry to hijack this thread, but I just joined and can't seem to figure out how to start a thread. I am in the process of purchasing an sd2000, but I am left handed and as such will need to mount the snare and hi hat on the ride side of the frame. Is that possible? are the mounts moveable or are they built into the cage?

Thanks
Russ

I see no reason you can't do that. You just have to assemble the kit mirrored to the manual. That means you have to put the module on the opposite side as well. That cable snake is a set length but as long as you mirror the entire kit you should be good to go.
My Home Page: www.Hellfiredrums.com
(01-06-2020, 07:04 PM)Hellfire Wrote:

Thanks
Russ

I see no reason you can't do that. You just have to assemble the kit mirrored to the manual. That means you have to put the module on the opposite side as well. That cable snake is a set length but as long as you mirror the entire kit you should be good to go.
(01-06-2020, 07:53 PM)russmarch Wrote:

Thanks
Russ

(01-26-2020, 11:33 PM)russmarch Wrote:
(01-06-2020, 07:53 PM)russmarch Wrote:

Thanks
Russ

Hi Russ,

I've noticed two post entries that you have tried to respond but, I'm not seeing any comments with your posts. They just appear to by quotes of the previous posts.
I purchased the sd2000 but the snare seems to have issues. It mostly plays really low but then in the middle of that suddenly very loud single strikes go off. Wondering if this might be software related of if the snare pad itself has issues.
(01-27-2020, 09:21 AM)russmarch Wrote: I purchased the sd2000 but the snare seems to have issues. It mostly plays really low but then in the middle of that suddenly very loud single strikes go off. Wondering if this might be software related of if the snare pad itself has issues.

Couple things:

Is this a new issue or have you had this issue from the beginning? If it's new have you double checked your trigger settings to make sure you didn't change something that may have caused the issue?

you can check to isolate the issue by:

1) Try factory resetting the module (I don't know how off the top of my head but I'm sure it's in the manual)
2) Make sure you have the correct cable plugged into the snare.
3) Is the mesh head too loose? If the head is too floppy it would cause this issue.

4) Try plugging in one of your other pads to the snare cable. If it works then it's most likely an issue with the snare pad itself. If you get the same issue it might be a cable issue or a settings issue for that input.

I hope that helps.
(01-27-2020, 11:29 AM)Hellfire Wrote:
(01-27-2020, 09:21 AM)russmarch Wrote: I purchased the sd2000 but the snare seems to have issues. It mostly plays really low but then in the middle of that suddenly very loud single strikes go off. Wondering if this might be software related of if the snare pad itself has issues.

Couple things:

Is this a new issue or have you had this issue from the beginning? If it's new have you double checked your trigger settings to make sure you didn't change something that may have caused the issue?

you can check to isolate the issue by:

1) Try factory resetting the module (I don't know how off the top of my head but I'm sure it's in the manual)
2) Make sure you have the correct cable plugged into the snare.
3) Is the mesh head too loose? If the head is too floppy it would cause this issue.

4) Try plugging in one of your other pads to the snare cable. If it works then it's most likely an issue with the snare pad itself. If you get the same issue it might be a cable issue or a settings issue for that input.

I hope that helps.

I just picked it up yesterday so whatever setting were in place, would be the starting point, but I can give all of these a try. I don't think the head is loose, but I will double check it and make sure as well as plug in a different pad to see if I get the same issue. I am also getting some cross talk from the crash cymbal. I had to reconfigure it for a lefty and I am not sure that it is put together exactly right as far as the plastic coupling pieces that go on under the clamps. Also, any recommendations on a bass pedal. I read about some size issues with certain pedals fitting properly.

Thanks
russ