Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SD1500 Module Issue
The SD1000 module in my SD1500 kit seems to have a bug.  Crash2 triggers when I hit the tom rims.  I adjust the sensitivity, threshold & crosstalk settings to compensate and it's fine until I turn it off.  After restarting, Crash2 is triggering again, even though the module has retained my settings, numerically at least.  I go in to the trigger menu and adjust my settings by one number and back to my desired setting and all is well again. Until I power it off.  And another weird thing, occasionally the ride bow triggers when I play the kick drum and it's not even touching the rack.

Any ideas?
(12-30-2017, 12:48 AM)Shakes Wrote: The SD1000 module in my SD1500 kit seems to have a bug.  Crash2 triggers when I hit the tom rims.  I adjust the sensitivity, threshold & crosstalk settings to compensate and it's fine until I turn it off.  After restarting, Crash2 is triggering again, even though the module has retained my settings, numerically at least.  I go in to the trigger menu and adjust my settings by one number and back to my desired setting and all is well again. Until I power it off.  And another weird thing, occasionally the ride bow triggers when I play the kick drum and it's not even touching the rack.

Any ideas?

That does sound like a strange issue. I don't know your location but made it is a static electricity issue. I know in the past static can cause miss triggering. It did on my old DM10 Pro kit. In the winter just touching a rim would cause a trigger to fire. 

There use to be a update for the SD1000 module on the Simmons site, but I no longer see it. I was kind of hoping you would be able to re-update the module. I'm sure you have the latest firmware as a matter of fact I know you do because you stated your kit was a SD1500 kit and not a used SD1000 kit. I just though running the update might reset everything. 

Speaking of which have you tried a factory reset? On page 34 of the SD1500 manual describes the factory reset procedure.

Attached Files
.pdf   Simmons_SD1500_Manual_page_34.pdf (Size: 264.4 KB / Downloads: 0)
My Home Page: www.Hellfiredrums.com
(01-03-2018, 11:24 AM)Hellfire Wrote:
(12-30-2017, 12:48 AM)Shakes Wrote: The SD1000 module in my SD1500 kit seems to have a bug.  Crash2 triggers when I hit the tom rims.  I adjust the sensitivity, threshold & crosstalk settings to compensate and it's fine until I turn it off.  After restarting, Crash2 is triggering again, even though the module has retained my settings, numerically at least.  I go in to the trigger menu and adjust my settings by one number and back to my desired setting and all is well again. Until I power it off.  And another weird thing, occasionally the ride bow triggers when I play the kick drum and it's not even touching the rack.

Any ideas?

That does sound like a strange issue. I don't know your location but made it is a static electricity issue. I know in the past static can cause miss triggering. It did on my old DM10 Pro kit. In the winter just touching a rim would cause a trigger to fire. 

There use to be a update for the SD1000 module on the Simmons site, but I no longer see it. I was kind of hoping you would be able to re-update the module. I'm sure you have the latest firmware as a matter of fact I know you do because you stated your kit was a SD1500 kit and not a used SD1000 kit. I just though running the update might reset everything. 

Speaking of which have you tried a factory reset? On page 34 of the SD1500 manual describes the factory reset procedure.

I did the reset but no difference.  I'm in California so static electricity isn't much of an issue.  I was able to find the update file on the Simmons site but it does look like it's already applied.  I will give Simmons a call when I get a chance.
The Simmons support journey continues.  Ever since the firmware update caused my hihat controller to go wonky, I've been working with Simmons support to try and get an older firmware file. Coming from the IT support world, this should be an easy thing but apparently not with Simmons.  I've been waiting over two weeks for support to get information from the product team to see if they have the older files.  I find it hard to believe they aren't on a server somewhere in their organization.  Hoping to get an answer this week.

Now a new issue popped up today.  When I choke the crash cymbals, the cymbal sounds after I let go of it. I've got the trigger settings tweaked pretty well so I don't think that's the issue.  I also don't have the problem when I play it through Addictive Drums 2, only with the internal module sounds.

I just seem to have bad luck with modules.