Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SD2000 module headphone volume
Newby here. Just purchased a used SD2000 last week from guitar center. Like new condition for $375. So far happy with it. But...
The headphone volume just does not get very loud. I have been using the 1/4 outputs to my Behringer XR18 and using my in ears
from my Rolls headphone amp instead. Is this common on this module? If not is it faulty. I did get a 12 month warranty added.
    Also i put my snare on a snare stand (much better!) and had to use some cymbal felts so it sat higher in the basket. Otherwise it caused some un-wanted side triggering. 
    One more thing. When trying the SD2000 out with EZdrummer 2, i noticed when the hi hat is slightly open it triggers the ride
cymbal in EZdrummer. I have tried all the Edrum kits and can not find a solution?
(11-25-2019, 07:44 PM)Drumbumdave Wrote: Newby here. Just purchased a used SD2000 last week from guitar center. Like new condition for $375. So far happy with it. But...
The headphone volume just does not get very loud. I have been using the 1/4 outputs to my Behringer XR18 and using my in ears
from my Rolls headphone amp instead. Is this common on this module? If not is it faulty. I did get a 12 month warranty added.
    Also i put my snare on a snare stand (much better!) and had to use some cymbal felts so it sat higher in the basket. Otherwise it caused some un-wanted side triggering. 
    One more thing. When trying the SD2000 out with EZdrummer 2, i noticed when the hi hat is slightly open it triggers the ride
cymbal in EZdrummer. I have tried all the Edrum kits and can not find a solution?

Welcome to the forum Drumbumdave!

Wow! $375 is a good deal. I know on my SD2000 I do have to turn the headphones up to about 3/4 of the way but, it does seem to drive my headphone good at that level. You may have some kind of fault in the module. You might want to try contacting Simmons support.

As the EZSdrummer 2 thing, I don't know. I just switched from Mac to PC and I no longer have a VST to play with.

Again, welcome to the forum.

HF
My Home Page: www.Hellfiredrums.com
Thanks for the reply Hellfire. I have enjoyed your videos on youtube. If you get a VST for PC, let me know how it works for you.
I am assuming the module for SD2000 and 1200 are much the same? I do like the drum sounds a lot. The hi hat is the only week
spot. The hi hat pedal spring is too stiff for my liking